Tweet

Thursday, October 17, 2013

CMJ Tales, Vol. 1: Thursday

YEEEHAWWWW CMJ!!!!

Now that I got in my exuberant outburst (you should've seen it in person) we can continue on in a civilized manner.

For those of you who are unaware, CMJ Music Marathon is an annual week long event in NYC where the best new, up and coming artists are showcased. Last year's highlights and breakouts included bands like Foxygen and DIIV, and this year promises to be just as bitchin, for lack of a better term.

Since I am neither rich enough to pay or relevant enough to get a press pass, I'll be working the door today at the CMJ College Radio Showcase. The labor life is a fair lady though, and I'll get to catch some panels on radio relevance and defining authenticity, not to mention some sweet performances by Ball Park Music, Sheppard, The Preatures and more. 

That was basically all the CMJ advertising I'll bore you with for now, stay tuned for an absurd amount of liveblogging (such a stupid term) all throughout CMJ.

Later on we'll have reviews of the Speedy Ortiz show at 285 Kent tonight,  maybe even some Joanna Gruesome (not to be confused with my BB Ms. Joanna Newsom) and much much more.

Until we meet again beautiful blogosphere 

XOXO,
Gossip Girl

(Ok I'm done now, for realsies)

No comments:

Post a Comment